Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

AFCAD2 Questions: Embarassingly simple

Greetings to all,I have a few questions re: AFCAD2 that I have not found answers for and was hoping you all could help out.1. If I create an AFCAD2 layout, does it over-ride the stock FS9 layout?2. I've set the parking spots with a code (177J) just for a certain squadron's aircraft (coded in the aircraft.cfg file) and deleted the GA spots. I continue to get some civilian aircraft in the MILRAMP_COMBAT parking spots.If my new AFCAD over-rides the stock layout, then I might need to re-add the CIV parking spots. Yes?3. Does each MILRAMP_Combat spot NEED apron taxi lines connecting it to a taxiway?Many thanks.JimPS: My company is going thru layoffs so I might become profiecient at this AFCAD thing.

Hello Jim,These are very good questions. Let's see: - AFCAD creates a file that is different from the default airport information (AP) files. It does not replace these AP files; they stay where they are in the main Scenery folder. However this AFCAD file will now take precedence over the default. - AFCAD only handles the airport layout and information. It does not modify the AI aircraft flights. You are still getting GA aircraft at the airport because there are flight plans (probably the default) for them. Since you have gotten rid of their parking spots, there is nowhere else for them to go but the military parking! You must eliminate those GA flight plans for that airport in order to get rid of the GA aircraft; try TTools (Traffic Tools) by Lee Swordy, the same author of AFCAD. Or, keep enough GA parking at the airport so that they do not go to your military parking. - Without an apron line connecting the parking to the taxiway, there is no way that the AI military aircraft can get to the parking. All those lines are precisely the paths that are followed by AI aircraft when taxiing around the airport, so you might want to make them as straight as possible to avoid jerking movements by aircraft. You can use the Fault Checker within AFCAD to find problems like these.Best regards.Luis

Luis,Thank you for your responses. I guess I was playing "musical chairs" with the parking spots.All the best,Jim