Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Dynamic scenery

Guest Ricky81

Hello guys,I just wanted to know if someone could help me out making Dynamic Scenery with API's, for Airport for Windows?Is it simple?Thanks,Rick

Hi Rick,I don't know what you mean with Dynamic scenery? But if you mean real driving cars and so, then you will not come far with API macros. Adding some animations to object is possible in the API format, but real dynamic scenery is usually part of the dynamic scenery section (section 15) and no API macros can be used there.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Ricky81

Hi Arno,Im talking about that same Dynamic scnery,for example ground cars or trucks in the airport. It could be animation like going from one point in the airport to another, back and forth.Could I do that with an API or with another type of file?Thanks

Hello Rick,Dynamic scenery can be quite complex to create. There has been a lot of discussion on this, so you may want to search the forum. Edgar Knobloch placed a complete tutorial on the subject in the library, and Bernd Fix created a program, BusyObjects (also in the library), specifically for this purpose.I have been thinking recently of just creating animated objects in GMax, in my case, a flock of flamingos taking off from a lake, flying a few circles and then landing. This avoids the complications of dynamic scenery or AI aircraft.And you could probably easily do the same thing with a truck - create the model and animate it going back and forth, simple enough. Best regards.Luis