Sign in to follow this  
Guest dianna78sg

blur textures

Guest dianna78sg

I'm working on recreating scenery one of domestic airport in my country for MSFS2004. Now the scenery is completed and texture are applied..but I encountered problem when running them in FS2004, when it start, all some of the texture look very blur for few seconds and the everthing fine..then again after few seconds some of them become blury again and sometimes, they last for minutes.. I wonder why is that ?I'm using GMAX for the scenery and the texture are edited using Adobe Photoshop CS2..all the extended bmp are compiled using DXTBmp under format extended 16 bit 555-1thanks in advance for any help..

Guest Firestriker

Do you have mips in your textures? If so, try removing them and save them as DXT1 wo/alpha if you have no transparancy or DXT1 w/alpha if the texture has transparancy.Lou

Guest dianna78sg

I'm sorry but what is mips ?

Guest realwildwobby

smaller images embedded in BMPs so that FS can load a smaller one faster if your farther away from it.

Guest Firestriker

Mips are Multiple Image Packages. One image file with different sizes of the same basic parent image. Each image is 1/4 the size of its parent image. So if you have an image that is 256 x 256 pixels then the child of the image would be 128 x 128 pixels and the next child would be 64 x 64 pixels and so on. These sizes are changed out depending on the view distance, but they don't always work well.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/121690.jpgLou

Guest dianna78sg

wow..that's mean i have to retexture my scenery all over again!!..anyway thank you for the tips..