Sign in to follow this  
Guest ps76

Freeflow/Slartibartfast LOD8 question.

HiI recently finished the Freeflow tutorial for using Slartibartfast for the first time & everything worked good.But now I'm trying to recompile the same CapeCod scenery as 9 (3x3) LOD 8 cells encompassing the same scenery starting in the same NW corner as the example (-71.25E, 42.1875N).All LOD 8 cells compile fine except for the one in the top-right and bottom-right where I get this message:***The Watermap has more than two values but contains no land (0x7F7F)***Problem preparing watermap - erasing itI noticed that these two LOD 8 cells are a bit different than the others in that the only really have land touching one edge and their top-left corners both have large amounts of water. But both do contain land which isn't getting processed.However, if I put an arbitrary rectangle of land using Gimp and the colour pipette in either/both of their top-left corners on the .bmp they seem to process fine (although now I have 2 horrible blocks of rectangular coastline in the sea).Anyone have any ideas what I might be able to do to process these LOD 8 tiles? I'm using a newer version of FreeImage.dll because the one I had (800Kb) might have been corrupted and wasn't getting recognised by Slartibartfast.Thanks for any helpP.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How did you make the bmps? Are they grayscale, RLE encoded? What are your values for land and water? How are you defining that lat/lon of the LOD8's - by lat lon or by cell number?Also, feel free to email me!Best,sg

HiThanks for the help & for the tutorial (for a while I thought I'd never make it through it but it's good to finish it).I'm making the bmp RLE-Encoded grayscale with GIMP exactly as in the example. Making the whole example worked fine (& it's pretty good to fly around too!) but I've found I occassionally have tiny pauses when running these kinda water files when more than 15-20kb for 1 file (probably because I'm on Windows98se!). So generating multiple files for the example instead - 3x3LOD8 grid from the example initial point by only altering the [Destination] dimensions for every box - makes this problem with the 2 boxes with plenty of water in the NW. Pauses solved but now have 2 new rectangles of arbitrary shore in the ocean which I had to insert if I wanted to process every box.Have moved on to LOD5 tile 908100-Alaska which so far works good - all this because I want to do a flight from Anchorage to Valdez & I'm too thrifty to buy a real waterbodies package!Thanks again for the info package/helpP.ps. Palette used: Water=6 Land=120 Image: 8-bit grayscale RLE with GIMP Dimensions: Tried making using Lat/long & Lod8cell limits.

>all this because I want to do a flight>from Anchorage to Valdez & I'm too thrifty>to buy a real waterbodies package!I know the feeling!Well, your images sound right. When I've encountered this, I thought it had something to do with either the edge of the image exactly coinciding with the LOD boundary or two images overlapping at the top-left corner of the LOD defined. Does this seem to fit your situation? The solution was simply to pick another boundary, or add another image to my water sources.Another thing that can happen is that the LOD might not contain any land or water, thus it really is just one value. In that case, you need to combine it with another LOD that has both land and water to get any lines/polygons drawn.Keep us posted on your progress!

HiThe idea on moving the LOD boundary I might try. I'm using the original bmp made by Ts/GIMP to make every tile & only 2 have problems so I might adjust their output lat/long limits little amount to see if it fixes it. Everyting works fine if I process big though.P.