Sign in to follow this  
Guest artmartin

Scenery question

Hi,Was wondering if someone could explain to me, the differences between 38.2, and the 76 LOD meshes, not for scenery design, just so I know what looks better in the sim.Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest artmartin

Jeff, the numbers refer to the number of meters per pixel (or sample point) of resolution so the lower the number the more detail you'll see in the sim. In the case of mesh, as far as I can ascertain, the mesh is made of of polygons that have an altitude component. When that mesh is created, generally each polygon's altitude is the average altitude found within the sampling square. With 76 meter resolution, that sampling box is 76 X 76 meters. With 38.2 resolution there'd be 4 sampling boxes for every 76 meter box. That's my understanding at least. Art

Thanks Art.How's that Phoenix scenery coming along. Can't wait.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest artmartin

Coming along great although I'm missing out a bit too much sleep lately. Have the website up and running. All that's missing is the product and a way to pay for it. Steep learning curve on how to do that but it's a skill I could use on my resume as a programmer so I'm into it. Check out the site - www.simulatingart.com. It'll keep you up to date on the progress.Art