Sign in to follow this  
w6kd

Aerial firefighting and scenery smoke effect problems

I have been working on a set of effects for aerial firefighting off and on for some time now. I've compiled a scenery with some forest fire effects, and also added a smoke effect to the plane for slurry drops.The scenery works fine. And the slurry drop effect works fine as well. But if I try to drop the slurry while within view of the fire effects, the slurry effects don't work.Is there some limitation on the use of smoke effects in both scenery and airplane, or a limit on the number of controllers/sprites etc? I've pored through the (sparse) SDK docs and can't seem to find a way to make this work.Is there an alternative manner to make the scenery fire area (i.e. with gmax or other) to preserve the smoke effect for the slurry drop?Also, I know that there are some airport sceneries that use radio freq settings to control jetways...is there a way to use a radio freq setting to toggle fire scenery effects on/off or to change to a rising steam effect etc? The idea is to write a gauge to quench the fire if the drop is a hit.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!