Sign in to follow this  
Guest seev_39

Problem with Gmax, won't export all of a sudden

I'm making an airport scenery that is being made in Gmax, with the entire airport in one scene. I had modelled the majority of the buildings and textured about a third of them, but I have been having a problem where I texture an object or building, but for some reason Gmax doesn't like that particular object and it cancels the export with the message "MakeMDL was not found, or failed to convert the model specified in 'C:gmaxgamepacks*&%$$%##*&' to a .MDL file. Check your system path to make sure MakeMDL is on it." (I am sure MakeMDL is on the right path, because if I delete the object in question the scene exports without a hitch, and it exports other scenes just fine as well). So the previous 2 times this has happened, I just re-textured the object because it wasn't a very big deal. But this time, I spent about an hour and a half texturing a group of buildings with the same texture bitmap, and now it won't export any of the buildings with that bitmap. Meaning, if I delete all of the buildings or remove the texture from all of them, it exports fine, but otherwise I get that error. Anyone know what could be causing this, and especially, how the !@#$ do I fix it?? Many thanks!-Scott Armstrong

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is one of the mysterious things that happen from time to time in gmax (after all it is a freeware). I had such a problem a year ago and I solved it by creating a new gmax file to which I copied the models from the corrupted file. Use