Sign in to follow this  
Guest Netherways

BGLComp Failed!

Guest Netherways

Hi Guys!I am trying to use RWY12 to add a heli pad and tower to an airfield, whenever Iask it to generate the scenery file I get the message:"XML File created: but BGLComp failed creating BGL File"Any ideas? I have BGLComp in the RWY12 folder and have installed all the files as directedin the readme but still no joy! Failing this are there any other "Slew and Drop" tools that I could use? or any tools that take less than 5 minutes per item (I need to plant a fence around a large airfield and there are approximately 340 fence "bits" to put in - I don't want to spend 28 hours just planting a fence!)Many thanks in advance! Alex

Hi Alex,Without a clearer error message from BGLComp it is hard to guess what the problem could be. The first thing that comes to my mind is MSXML4. Are you sure it is installed on your system? Else you need to install it first, it is the XML parser used by BGLComp.You can get it from MS:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

>Hi Guys!>>I am trying to use RWY12 to add a heli pad and tower to an>airfield, whenever Iask it to generate the scenery file I get>the message:>>"XML File created: but BGLComp failed creating BGL File">>Any ideas? >>I have BGLComp in the RWY12 folder and have installed all the>files as directed>in the readme but still no joy! >>Failing this are there any other "Slew and Drop" tools that I>could use? or any tools that take less than 5 minutes per item>(I need to plant a fence around a large airfield and there are>approximately 340 fence "bits" to put in - I don't want to>spend 28 hours just planting a fence!)>>Many thanks in advance! >>Alex Do you, by any chance, have the surface set to "UNKNOWN"? Just yesterday I spent hours trying to find out why a XML specification for a carrier "airfield" section was not compiling correctly. I had done a cut&paste from an AFCAD file that I created and disassembled. Turned out that the AFCAD code rendered the "UNKNOWN" surface specifications a "" in the XML output. BGLCOMP didn't like this at all. Once I changed the spec from "" to "UNKNOWN" it compiled with no problem! =GB=

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Netherways

Hi, Thanks for all your answers - I can now get it to compile. It turns out that when I installed MSXML4 I didn't read the readme, you have to go into the advanced/custom options of the installer to choose the SDK as well as the MSXML files. Many thanks for all your help! Alex