Sign in to follow this  
arno

A website you'll all get a kick out of

Guest artmartin

As you've probably seen in my other posts, I'm taking a college GIS course and using my experiences with flight sim scenery design as the subject of my term paper. In part of my research I went looking for information about commercial flight simulator products and found this web page from Evans and Southerland. That company is one of the largest commercial FS providers for the military it appears. This page lists one of their products and thought you'd all be fascinated as to how the tools they use so closely mimic our own efforts.Enjoy,Art Martinhttp://www.es.com/products/software/integrator/index.asp

Thanks, Art. If they offered freeware versions of their tools, we would probably have found them by now.Best regards.Luis

Hi Art,Yes, the similarities are much closer then you would expect. At work I am now working on visual databases for real flight simulators and I can certainly make use of the things I learned with my hobby.I have even been able to create a converter so that I can use some of my GMax models at work in the OpenFlight format (which is a very common format in real flight simulators).When you look at the tools I use at work, it is very clear that there a quite a few FS tools that are certainly not worse in their features.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog