Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Shoreline conflict at Stockton Lake (Missouri)

Hi....( again :( )I have just installed the 'Six default fixes' by Joshua Robertson of3D Softworks Design Studios for some dramatic terrain mesh elevation data errors and, while checking the results, came across this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133520.jpgAnd here is the same area as seen by Jim Keir's LWMViewer (V2)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133521.jpgClearly I have encountered another conflict between some LandWater Mask files (I do seem to have the knack.. LOL).Question is: Can anyone help, please?Installed: UT-USA, FSGenesis US Nat LC Project (v 1.09)Thanks!Mike

You probably need to deactivateHP922180.BGLHP922190.BGLHP923180.BGLin the 6 fix scenery. UT-USA should take care of that. If you have UT-Canada, you can probably get rid of HP908100.BGLas well. Keep the FL files and the HP931290.BGL.scott s..

Hi Scott,Thanks very much, that did the trick nicely :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133577.jpgYour helpful post appears to suggest that Joshua Robertson's "Six Default Scenery Fixes" reintroduces the above 3 files in the SceneryNamcScenery folder and this would not normally be a problem unless you have UT-USA pre-installed. UT-USA would have deactivated these files as part of its installation.Girdwood (AQY) is covered by Richard Goldstein's Alaska Cinematic Vol 1 so, you are quite correct, HP908100.BGL (in SceneryNamwScenery) can also be safely disabled/deleted/removed or backed up.Thanks again!Mike

I didn't go back and look att he readme for that scenery. What I did (as a general rule for all addons) was create a new scenery area for the six fixes, and a second one for the default files to be replaced. That way, I can switch back and forth as necessary (FSM 2.8.5 works well for this.) Unfortunately, you need to be careful when installing something like Ultimate Terrain (or alternative texture sets) that use configurators that expect all the default files to be in the default regional area locations. Any backed-up or replaced defaults may still be active after applying the install since it is only going to look in the default location. Of course using scenery area priority in scenery.cfg can reduce the potential problems, but not all of them. It can also make uninstall more difficult.IMO while friendly installers can make things easier when installing complex addons, users still need to have an understanding of their scenery file layout, and have a plan of attack on how they are going to manage addons. scott s..