Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

EZ Scenery...FSDS V3??

Guest Hugo

Hi ahuimanu.I guess I misswrote my previous post. I wasen't mad at all when I wrote it, I was just wondering, like a previous poster, if the package would be out as schedule and someone came to say it had received it.Actualy, I was more in febrility mood, like a kid that has to wait Chrismass's lunch is over and then wait again for its turn comes, to pick up its present under the tree!! You know how kids can be strange behave when they are in that mood ;-) , and there's always a kid in us not far under the skin. More so on guys than gals and even more on those that can spend hundreds if not thousand of hours font of a screen trying to rebuild a near perfect virtual world :-) And the time came and I received my present last night 22h44!! But it wasen't until 2 am this morning I got aware of it, as I only checked my mail then. Surprise-surprise!!In your case, it might have happen that your ordered the bundle lately and they forgot to include FSDS along with it. I can understand your deception. Most likely you already got the package as I write this. If not, just drop a note to Abacus and I'm shure they will proceed asap. Errors do occur. That's a fact of life. It's unpleasant when it comes on us but it happens to everyone at one time (and some time, many ;-) ) or an other. That's when the parent or the adult, again, in everyone of us, should take things in perspective that in a short time the inconvenience will be over and a thing of the past (Yea! Transactional psychology ;-))Meanwhile, hoping things settle fast for you, please accept, you and all, my best wishes for the season.Hugo

Guest Dan G Martin

Hi there Martin Discreet will not of course give away 3DS Max it's a true "profesional grade" tool that lists for 3995 USD and the Vis version costs even more. Plus a tool like Max has far more tools thanone could possably need for creating something as "simple" as scenery objects or even aircraft for that matter.The best we could hope for is that the kind people at Microsoft games will take over support for their plug-ins that they have written (and paid discreet a lot of money for the right to do so I might add). So what might happen is that M.S. Games might provide support for people who create add-ons for their product by asking Discreet to take over supporting gmax for the many people who now use gmax to create much of the add-on visual content for one of their best known entertainment products. I for one hope they do so as I use 3DS Max (and several other products as well to make a living in 3D)And gmax is very similar to Max as you might know.Now I do understand that for many people even gmax is far more than they really need and FSDS has a long history in the world of flight sim and is infact simple to get ones head around and I will probably buy it as well(one can never have too many tools right?)as it's only what $50 or so. Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario

>Hi ahuimanu.>>I guess I misswrote my previous post. I wasen't mad at all>when I wrote it, I was just wondering, like a previous poster,>if the package would be out as schedule and someone came to>say it had received it.>>Actualy, I was more in febrility mood, like a kid that has to>wait Chrismass's lunch is over and then wait again for its>turn comes, to pick up its present under the tree!! You know>how kids can be strange behave when they are in that mood ;-)>, and there's always a kid in us not far under the skin. More>so on guys than gals and even more on those that can spend>hundreds if not thousand of hours font of a screen trying to>rebuild a near perfect virtual world :-) >>And the time came and I received my present last night 22h44!!>But it wasen't until 2 am this morning I got aware of it, as I>only checked my mail then. Surprise-surprise!!>>In your case, it might have happen that your ordered the>bundle lately and they forgot to include FSDS along with it. I>can understand your deception. Most likely you already got the>package as I write this. If not, just drop a note to Abacus>and I'm shure they will proceed asap. >>Errors do occur. That's a fact of life. It's unpleasant when>it comes on us but it happens to everyone at one time (and>some time, many ;-) ) or an other. That's when the parent or>the adult, again, in everyone of us, should take things in>perspective that in a short time the inconvenience will be>over and a thing of the past (Yea! Transactional psychology>;-))>>Meanwhile, hoping things settle fast for you, please accept,>you and all, my best wishes for the season.>>Hugo>>I was probably having a "bad hair day" when I wrote that.I have the program now and have started an aircraft model. One thing that is odd is that I can't build a properly closed object with the templating tool. I select to extrude the template, but the object created is not fully closed and won't work with boolean operations.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.