Sign in to follow this  
Guest Firestriker

Stuck on .x file

I'm working on modifying the local airport in fs9...got a great hanger in gmax, can't get it to export to use. I get stuck on this screen-http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/137107.jpgWhere is the x file? I use modelcommander and middleman because most of my work is airplane modeling. Thanks!RobertThorp T-18 N2056, KSEE

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You really don't NEED either of those programs for the FS2004 makemdl, especially for scenery. The most common need for keeping intermediate files is to tweak them for some reason or other such as conditional displays, reflective textures and so on. That is then done in the ASM files and not the X file. If you need to tweak the ASM file, you simply add a couple of lines to the makemdl.cfg file.[Options]Keep=1This will save the intermidate ASM files in the directory you exported to. After you do your tweaking you need to recompile the ASM files to a model using the command line utility BGLC_9.exe. Then you can place the tweaked model with XML code and BGLComp.exe or with one of the object placement programs like Arno's ObjectPlacer_XML or Rwy12.Lou