Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Inappropriate wave action

"Recently I've been enjoying the delights as provided by Lennart Arvidsson's seasonal ground textures, Lago's Scandinavian 76m mesh, Norway Scenic plus a few other worthy Norwegian addons.One observation which detracts from an otherwise superb Norwegian experience is the persistent wave action as seen affecting all the discrete inland water masses large and small. My question is can this be disabled while at the same time preserving the coastal wave action which laps the seashores and fjords?"Hi,I recently posted the above in the MSFS General Forum without result. Does anyone here know the answer to this one? Perhaps it's one of FS9's many idiosyncrasies, in which case I can live with it. It's just that it is very evident, for some reason, while flying over Norway and looks silly when you see several large breakers crowding even the smallest of inland lakes. Thanks.Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Mike,Those waves are tied to shorelines, that is, the beaches on the lakes. You can exclude the beaches for relatively small areas, thereby removing those on lakes and keeping the ocean waves. You need one of the terrain modification tools, like Ground2K4 or Sbuilder in order to create terrain excludes.Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis,Thanks. Sounds like an awful lot of hard work and the necessary skills to go with it :( There are just too many lakes involved in this instance. Ah well, I guess it's plan B: learn to live with them!Regards,Mike