Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tatu

Airport fog lights missing

Guest jacilore

Hi all:I have posted this in the general forum but with no replies yet:I am writing this because I seem to have lost the landing fog intermitent lights of an airport (GCXO). I am almost sure that some time ago the red and white poles of the attached screenshot had an intermitent illumination for fog approaches (I don't know the technical name for that). The problem is that I may have changed something and now I can't seem them.So my question is in which part of an scenery lies the ability of showing that type of lights to try to guess what I can have missing on it.Thanks.

When you lost the aforementioned lights, was this after a scenery design session? The lights you mention are called "The Rabbit". It consists of strobes on each of the towers that flash in a sequence that leads to the runway. My guess is that a menu setting on a scenery design runway menu got changed to eliminate approach lights. FS2004 approach lights show the lights but do not reflect or show the approach light stantions. Good luck.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest jacilore

Hi, and thanks for your answer. But where could I look for that scenery design menu?. I know very little about scenery configurations, but I could look for it if I had a help of where to start. Do you have any idea?Regardsjacilore

Do you use AFCAD2, Airport for Windows or ScenegenX? These programs can be used to replace or alter runways. The approach lights of which you speak are typically a part or the runway menu.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest jacilore

Ah, ok, yes, I use that program. I didn't remember I could deal with runway lights using it, so I am going to try it.Thank you very much again.

Guest Tatu

Sometimes, like I have done in my sceneries, the approach lights are frequency controlled even though they are not like that in the real world. The reason is that you can then switch on the lights even in daylight and I needed to do different kind of approach lights that are available in the sim as default. I also hate the double green lights at the threshold that appear with some kind of approach light/rwy light combinations.I have seen some other airports with this system as well, so I suggest also cheking ILS and VOR frequencies in NAV/COM radios.And Yes, afcad is the program to do the default style approach lights.Tatu