Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikeperry

KSEE scenery

Guest mikeperry

Hey all !!!I have been a long time, well since 1996, user of MSFS. Recently, as I fly around KSEE-Gillespie Field in FS2002 Pro, my son has been remarking that it doesn't look much like the real thing. (We live just a couple of miles east of Gillespie Field and my son really likes to park by the airport and watch the traffic there.) For instance, the mountains nearby have snow on them and the freeway just east of the airport is missing, just to name two problems. So, I have been thinking of trying to design some scenery for this little area. BTW, I suppose I could just buy some commercial scenery, but I think it might be fun to try making my own.Before I do, I was wondering if anyone else out there had already made some scenery of the area ? If not, I will begin wading through the rather confusing tutorials and instructions and try to make something usable myself.Thanks in advance for any advice.

I've been working on KSEE as it is the airport I fly out of with my Dad. We have two planes based there. I have FS2004 with the Megascenery Socal V2 installed, and it really is amazing to fly around the area and pick out my house! You might try that as a start...here's a pichttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/144195.jpgRobertThorp T-18 N2056KSEE El Cajon, CA

Guest mikeperry

I may have to try Megascenery. It certainly is far better than the default stuff. At the same time I am going to slowly plug away at designing some of my own scenery. It looks a bit daunting but ultimately doable.