Sign in to follow this  
scott967

IAH add on Scenery

I downloaded the kiah-scenery.zip. I followed the instructions for adding the new runway and everything went fine. But I also tried to add the AF2_KIAH_ILS_JV.BGL which I believe adds the scenery to the ...Addon Sceneryscenery folder as the instructions state. When I run fs9, I get the new runway, but there is farm land between the runway and the rest of the taxiways. What am I doing wrong?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Could you provide a link to kiah-scenery.zip? I couldn't find it. But, I can tell you that the new runway 9/27 requires a new flatten and airport background which is why you are seeing farm land. scott s..

It appears that some one took Jim Vile's file off of AVSIM, renamed it to kiah_scenery.zip and posted it. The files in this zip have been updated. I recommend you get Jim's excellent files directly from AVSIM, not some one's reposting.The current file is :kiah_ils_v2.0.zipThe two files should be installed as explained in the readme. But, this will not fix the problem of the background. For that you can use new terrain files. The reason is that these files are so-called "AFCAD" and "AP9 approach data" files. The approach data also has an exclusion rectangle in it, that stops the autogen from popping up in the runway, but can't change the ground texture. I've never tried to use AFCAD for this, but apparently it can also force a flatten under the runway. I prefer to use terrain flattens for this.I sent an email to your profile address. Reply and I can shoot you a couple files to try. Note that another user is getting CTDs. I don't think these files are the cause of his problems, I can't reproduce the problem so far.scott s..