Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Wow... trying to run RWY12 just trashed my system.

So, I installed everything, and it seemed to be working - Until I tried creating scenery with it, at which point my computer simply seemed to shut itself off.After restarting, and trying again, I found that trying to select an airport in FS did the same thing. Nice.System restores did nothing, and now, trying to reinstall XP causes an error which says something about shutting down Windows to prevent damage.What?I don't know what could cause this, but as I'm running nothing but the installed WinXP software (commercial product), Flight Simulator, and Jewel Quest, going through the RWY12 process is undoubtedly what did Flight Simulator in.I'm able to get Windows started, but nothing happens when I try to uninstall FS.Any help appreciated-thxAndrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Follow up-Not sure what happened - maybe it's sheer coincidence - but as I said the computer was working fine until trying RWY12.After trying to fix the machine for a few hours, I gave up and decided to reformat. It's not my work machine, so it doesn't really matter.After a few more hours of unsuccessfully trying to get Win98 then XP installed, I started getting drive errors which seem to point to a hard drive failure.Perhaps it just happened that whatever was needed to run FS was somehow in the boot block... :) I doubt it.Well, who knows.Now, I just have to debate whether to grab a $69 hard drive and hope everything else is OK in my old system, or return the $150 AGP vid card I just got and get a new low-end (albeit, faster than what I have) system.Hm. Bummer.Andrew