Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Urgently needed landclass

As I fly over Iceland in the the summer (in FS9, I mean), it is as green as southern England. Something's not right...I can't find any landclass replacement out there. Anyone an expert in this field and willing to take on the task? Please??Martin :-)

Hi Martin,you should try this yourself: making an accurate (thematically and locationally) land class file is one of the more tedious tasks there is. There's a reason why we have multiple instances of mesh files for most places of the planet but very few high-quality land class files ;-)Alas, you may be lucky: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...der=asc&start=0Cheers, Holger

Holger, Thanks for the reply. I have made a few landclass 'tweaks' in the past, using Ground2K4 and the like, so know it is a long, drawn-out process! I can't honestly imagine my finding the time and resources to cover the whole of Iceland, (India is another country that cries out for proper landclass - an even bigger project!), but I will give the prospect some consideration when I have a bit more time later in the year. Martin

Guest jimkeir

Hi,(Plug warning)You could try LWMViewer2 if your PC meets the requirements. It does realtime landclass editing in 3D without the clickfest.Cheers,Jim