Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

FSDS V3 and Library Creator

Hi Folks,One question. Can objects created using FSDS v3 be used by Library Creator XML to create object libraries for use with Rwy12?As a test, using FSDS, I've created a simple textured object, then under the Create FS Object File options, I created a Scenery Object mdl file.After that I followed the tutorial, "Converting Gmax files to work with RWY12" using the xml file created with FSDS.I've tried twice and can't get the library to show up in Rwy12. I'm guessing that either the FSDS scenery object isn't compatible or I'm making a mistake somewhere in the tutorial. Which is it? I'd greatly appreciate any help.Doc G

You can place mdl files into a library using Libray Object Creator so you need to make sure that the output from FSDS3 is mdl not bgl.Any library can be used in RWY12 provided that you create the necessary xml information file. If you have not looked at it then my utility Library Object Manager can take a library and export the information about it to RWY12. It can also create libraries from mdl objects if you wish. The current version is 1.00 and it was uploaded here at AVSIM last weekend.

Guest Robert Sanderson

Thanks Jon! Library Object Manager is just what I need.:)