Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

Placing objects

Hi, I'm new here and I hope this question isn't too stupid, but I haven't been able to find the answer to my question in the posts I've reviewed so far. I'm having the devil of a time doing something that is probably very simple. I have Rwy12 and Abacus EZ Scenery, and I have been using them to place buildings around my scenery. However, I seem to be limited to the objects in those programs' libraries. I can't seem to access all the MSFS2004 libraries. I downloaded Kevin Ryan's vio.zip that lists hundreds of items that are supposedly IN the default library, but I don't know how to get to them to use them. Also on scenery.org, what I read said that vio.zip file had links to the pictures so you could "view" the objects, but I don't find that because the list I downloaded is merely an Excel document, not a html file.I'm just trying to place a bunch of houses around, and I can find only four different house designs. Surely there are more houses available in the default library than only four.Can someone tell me how to access the MS2004 default library to find houses?Thanks.golfmobile

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I seem to remember that the additional files which come with RWY12 provide access to the default FS9 Objects - do a search in the file library for RWY12. Also in the settings for EZ-Scenery you can select whether or not you want access to the default generic libraries.In RWY12 the libraries should provide images so that you can see what the objects look like before you use them. EZ Scenery should display them inside the sim for you once you have added and activated the library.All FS9 objects are stored in libraries and there are a lot of custom made ones which you can download from AVSIM. Many are specifically for EZ-Scenery and if you do a search for that in the file library a bunch should come up. I recall that the EZ-Scenery manual provides information on how to install them.I hope that helps - if not ask away :-)