Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

Scenery Objects won't go away

I am trying to update my home airport to reposition/delete some incorrect objects (tower placed on apron, missing windsock) and to add some enhancements.I have created a new bgl from scratch and it works just fine. However... the old misplaced objects are STILL visible whatever I do. I scanned for duplicate AFCADS, moved the scenery around in the hierarchy, but nothing seems to remove those objects (like the tower placed right on the apron where GA parking is supposed to be).My question: How do I identify and delete the culprit?Thanks,Patrick

Have you created any exclusion rectangles to remove them? Seems from what you are saying that you have not. A Tool such as EXCBuilder2 can create rectangular areas which stop objects from appearing. These are compiled into bgl files which should be placed in the addon scenery folder you have your scenery in but above your own scenery bgl files in alphabetical terms (otherwise they can remove your objects as wellIf you have create excludes and they are not working then you need to tell us a bit more I think.

Ah, okay, I wasn't aware that I have to exclude the default object manually. Can't I just modify the original bgl? And, if so, where to find it?Thanks for your help!Pat

Modifying the original BGL is not easy to do and it is not recommended to change the default files in any case. It means decompiling a bgl into xml code - finding the objects by GUID - a very big hexadecimal number, removing the code associated with it and re-compiling the bgl.Creating exclusion rectangles is very easy and is the way that we generally do it. Get EXCBuilder2 from here in the File Library and try it out. You can create small rectangles to remove one building or large ones to clear everything from an airport in one go.

Guest lionheart777

Jon is on it.And remember that if you do an exclusion BGL rectangle that excludes 'ALL' items, remember that if your new windsock is 'in' that triangle/rectangle, then it wont function. You will need to make a gap to put the windsock in so it functions (turns with the wind). Same goes with light effects such as a new Light Beacon.Bill

Hello Bill,It is important to remember the data stream in all this.You can have an all-exclusive rectangle in the same scenery folder, but just make sure that it is read first, for example, by placing a "0_" in front of the name.Best regards.Luis

Also if we are talking FS9 windsocks then you will need to have two wind rotating objects to get over the bug in FS9 where just placing one means that the rotation does not take place :-)