Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Help needed EZ Scenery local libraries

Hello there,I have downloaded the ~Brush 'N' Bushes objects~ that were created for use with EZ-Scenery program by Abacus by Kobbe FarwickWhen using this library Now EZ-scenery gives an error saying:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153599.jpgCan this be changed because I like to place them somewhere in BC Canada and the readme makes no mention of it being a localised library.Thanks in advanceRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

I downloaded those the other day as well but have not yet installed into FS so I can't advise if I have the same problem.However, if I get the same issue, I am not sure why the author would have put a location limit on the objects.If so, this can be completely overcome by decompiling with BGL to XML Decompiler - BGLXML 1.2 ,Alessandro G. Antonini ©2004 (freeware) - do you have it or are you familiar with it?AND, then recompile the resulting output files using the EZ-Library Manager.exe which is part of the EZScenery program. The recompiled library file will not be limited in geographic area so you can plant bushes all over BC.The recompiled version can be named to exactly the same original file names so that you can share objects with folks without having to provide the library with your scenery OR you can rename the library to something other and use the library for you own purposes.cheersBryan "fltsimguy" Wallis

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Is your copy of EZ-Scenery registered?I know of a set of scenery being developed which is using this library fine in the Southern US. As far as re-compiling the library is concerned it can be done but I think the best way is to check with Kobbe and I have asked him to check this out.

Hi Bryan,Indeed that worked. Great advice! Many thanks. It kinda defeats the idea of sharing universal libraries because I made a special instance of the library but alas...People should make universal libraries with the conditions of use described e.g. no seasonal variation or vegatation only available on southern hemisphere or something like that...Hi Jon,Yes of course EZ-Scenery is registered. It's not the demo version. And thanks for inquiring with KobbeRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

I'll give my library set a workout tonight to see what happens.

Near CAM3

The problem is that there is a scenery object placement in the library. This is unintended by the designer. The models (objects) have been inserted fine and all bar one are not locked. This library works ok with other scenery design programs but EZ-Scenery obviously thinks that the scenery placement makes the library geo-locked and won't let you use it. I have advised Kobbe and I am sure he will fix it

Kobbe has just mailed me to say he has uploaded a fixed version to AVSIM. He can't log on to this forum for some reason and has asked me to provide this update.

Well I wish I had read this BEFORE I just spent the last half hour trying to figure out what was going on.Good sleuthing Jon, your right on mate!I also have just compiled the Yacht SAR library for EZScenery that was posted a short while ago. The EZS version came our fine, but one object has a solid plane that should be transparent unfortunately sticking up from the object.Also, tested out Woody's latest set, and found a couple of problems, on Pike pole is just a grey box and the outhouses have no textures.cheers.

Near CAM3