Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

Toolkit starter tips?

Hi all,Well, they say necessity is the mother of invention... or in this case, education.I have been content to use the default FS sceneries, and have installed one or two local sceneries. Recently however, I began to use FS as a camera to shoot movies and screenshots with, which I then can post process to achieve some rather remarkable simulations of vintage photographs.The problem is all of the screenshots I will be wanting to take will be set in the period of the second world war. Needless to say this is not exactly the domain of FS9.I would like to begin to modify and add to scenes to try to make them more period looking and more complete in details. I do not want to make elabrate sceneries, more like "sets" that I can shoot from various angles.Being the lazy sort, I would ask some of the talented folks here to make some for me, but I know that would not fly, so I need to DIMS. The problem is, I am not sure the best way to approach this. I need to be able to basically collect a toolkit of the objects sich as buildings, vehicles and god knows what else than can be rappidly moved around from scene to scene.So... other than reading the SDK (a given) where should I start? What is the basic "toolkit" I should be building (freeware only - this years budget for FS is long blown ;)).ThanksShad

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You might want to look at either Golden Wings3 or Silver Wings. Golden Wings is set prior to 1939 although it probably works fine for WWII, Silver Wings is the 1940s-60s. Have a look through the relevant stuff at the Old Hanger:http://mainescenery.proboards24.com/index.cgiThere are a number of Regressed Airfields described there for download. Also if you want to have a go yourself there are a number of Tutorials on my site for regressing to an earlier age:www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk

Thanks Jon,I have gone to both your site and the forum board yu posted. I will take a look through them.I had forgotten that the Lyons had done silver and gold wings.CheersShad