Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Minimum requirements for Gmax and SBuilder

Pardon me if this is in the wrong forum but it is geared so much towards scenery design I thought it would get a better response here.I am on the road a lot these days and I see many hours wasted away where I could be improving my Gmax skills and working with projects I am creating also in SBuilder. So I was tinking of picking up either a cheap, new laptop or a used one soley for that purpose.1. For those who have used either Gmax or SBuilder on a laptop (notebook), do you think if I got one with say 512MB RAM it would suffice?2. What about shared RAM on the AGP card?I don't think the CPU is as important as these two questions as I would not really be gaming but designing. If I ran FS2004 it would be just for testing objects, models, so settings would be at a minimum. Of course I would try to buy the fastest CPU at my budget ($300-600) Don't care about dual-core for this or using Vista. XP Home or Pro would suffice.Mostly worried about large projects, like in SBuilder you could load up a ton of photoreal bmp's which could drag the system to it's knees... things like that I am most concerned about.Many thanks...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!