Sign in to follow this  

What do YOU expect for FS2004?

Guest GabrielR

I think Most of the things osted will be offered in 2004, I'd like :1. Set up PAX and Cargo in all A/C.2. REAL multi-runway support in the airports3. Real Gates and "moving" ground traffic in the terminals4. VC in all A/C5. along with the Dinamic weather ATC, the posibility to fly in real time weather, like FSMETEO (holding until getting better visibility!)I'm not sure about this one:A more realistic system management inthe A/C (fuel, hidraulics, engines etc...) with Real Overhead pannels (AT LEAST IN THE "PRO" VERSION)

Yep...That would be nice to realistic weather. Remember the thunderstrom clouds in fs98? they were kind of big. We need towering cumilonibus. A realistic panel invironment is also important. look at the panels in flyII or fly2k! they are superb! A fully functioning FMC w/ overheads will be nice. Dynamic ground traffic will also be good. simflyers has that for all thier airports. it makes them alive. an auto weight load will be nice to simulate flights. an adventure set where you fly for an airline would be good. as you compile more hours, secret planes will be unlocked....this sounds too much like a game...not a flight simulator. A dynamic weather system...like in fu3 would improve the overall flight sim experience of flight sim. the clouds move in the sky and the weather gets better. Anymore suggestions?Moses

> as you compile >more hours, secret planes will be unlocked....this sounds >too much like a game...not a flight simulator. Does it? In real life, wouldn't you learn to fly in a small single engine prop, then rack up hours flying a mid size something-or-other hauling freight before you got to fly a jumbo passenger liner?Combat sims have a campaign mode, why not a career mode in FS?

>Hello to all, > Well...I have been dreaming about what we must >get for fs2004. I really want to see these done. >>1. Realistic ATC. (SIDs,STARs and Holding Patterns) Definatly But FSNAV is fine for this.>2. Airport Taxiway signs. (They Have the names correct...why >not signs?) Would be nice>3. An easy interface to add/remove airline callsigns. What its hard now? I.E> Notepad>4. Roads with traffic on them (fs2k2 is dead with out) Absolutely not! THat would just dump the frame rates>5. WTC before Sept. 11 and gone after(like back in time >berlin) I don't understand this one.>6. Real waterways with boats in them. Real waterway? Uhm, the real earth is already part of the sim.>7. ALOT of AI TRAFFIC with REAL airlines. Too hard on frame rate. And real airlines would never happen. Real airlines are already built into the ATC. A lot of them anyway.>8. Concorde! Yeah. Would be nice. It was probably left out since at release the Concorde was not operating. >9. Real paint schemes for default aircraft.Trademark names for each airline would easily be 10 million dollars a peice. So there is actually zero chance of ever seeing that. >10. In bad weather, where VFR is not possible and when >airports don't have ILS, use approach plates or when heavies >have to land at airports without ils, you approach plates.Why can't you do that now? All you need is an approach plate >11. Aerial Photographic Scenery for the world.Well, the arial photography at microsofts Terraserver site is inadequate, as those images are not "dead on" and there isn't enough of the so called "dead on" photos. Its in the works but obtaining those images for use in a game would also cost millions. >>>I don't think these dreams are impossible...I think they can >be reached. FSRAILS adds roads. There are people that put >taxiway signs into the airport. you can even add/remove >callsigns. why not make it default? Simple answer. The airports layouts were easy to obtain from freely available aerial photos, that BTW, don't show taxi signs. FSTrails, Its a flight sim. Not a road sim. IF MS actually setup up thier defaults to already be setup with realword airlines liveries and callsigns it would cost them millions. They put the ability into the game but did not implement it. Therby leaving it up to you and saving millions on the cost of trade marks. I doubt that airlines own the callsign. I'm sure thats issued by the FAA but I don't know. I've seen a thread nearly identical to this one a few weeks back. You the same guy?Pete

>>> as you compile >>more hours, secret planes will be unlocked....this sounds >>too much like a game...not a flight simulator. >>Does it? In real life, wouldn't you learn to fly in a small >single engine prop, then rack up hours flying a mid size >something-or-other hauling freight before you got to fly a >jumbo passenger liner? >>Combat sims have a campaign mode, why not a career mode in >FS? Because its a simulation. Not a game. There is no object other than learning to fly. Completely different from a combat sim.

Nope...I am not the same guy Pete.I doubt roads will have an effect on framerates...it will be like AI traffic...any effect there?? It might also be like AUTOGEN...any framerate hit there??? What i mean by realistic water ways is that boats will traverse in them...like in CFS2 or CFS1. Alot of callsigns are not in the voicebank...for example "french west", an airline in the caribbean. I added it and other ones by a very long and ardous process. I would like to see an easy interface so I can do that. What I mean by using approach plates in bad weather is that the ATC tells you to fly it...instead of giving you headings. Some airports dont have radar...so how are they going to do it??Another nice feature:ATC tells you what speed you need to fly at. Regards,Moses

New bridges. New York, Pittsburgh, and Boston make me weep.

AMEN! We need new bridges. The current ones look like matchstick bridges.Moses

>Are you sure about a payware patch for fs2002? >>Moses Cut out the patch discussions guys. AVSIM said they would delete any discussions talking of such dead horse nonsense

>>And don't forget flight service stations!!! How about some >standard briefs, enroute terminal forcasts, PIREPS.... the >works!! >What exactly is a Flight Service Station anyway?

>Nope...I am not the same guy Pete. >I doubt roads will have an effect on framerates...it will be >like AI traffic...any effect there?? Absolutely there is an effect. They are 3D objects. The more there are. The worse the fram rate. Same with static scenery.It might also be like >AUTOGEN...any framerate hit there???Of Course. What i mean by >realistic water ways is that boats will traverse in >them...like in CFS2 or CFS1. oh.Alot of callsigns are not in >the voicebank...for example "french west", an airline in the >caribbean. The FAA doesn't even list them. Must be new or so unimportant it doesn't matter. Is the actual airline called "french west" Do note that not a cllsigns are the same as the airline name.Easy to fix using the MS Voicepack SDK. Just edi two wavs from the game that say "french" and "west". If there is no wav that says "french" Edit two sounds together that sounds LIKE "french"Using the SDK I edited existing wavs to create "Austrailian and Ethiopian.Tis true that editing the USEnglishBig.gvp is tedious But then if they included wav files for every airline in existance, not only would the wavs cause the game to be more than 10gig, The game would be a few hundred dollars since they have to pay the people doing the voice overs. Remember. as the game is now. Each pilot voice records 9,209 wavs each.>Another nice feature: >>ATC tells you what speed you need to fly at.Shouldn't you already no this if your a pilot? >>Regards, >Moses

I just want basic things for it. A lot of what I red in this thread can be fixed with add-ons. If they add all this into it, your $70 dollar game will peak at +$100. THAT would deter some from buying it. That's just my opinion. I would like to see better seasonal control on things. Being I fly in Alaska, I would like to see the WATER FREEZE in fall and melt halfway through spring. I would like to see MORE SNOW on the ground. I shouldn't see green or brown anywhere in Alaska in winter! I would like to see the default weather have a TRUE OVERCAST. Also blowing snow on the ground (runways) and more reduced vis out the windshield when flying in rain and snow. There aren't enough window strikes with the flakes/drops. Someone mentioned thunderstorm. They should have the ability to get to 50,000 feet as in real life. To me, the ATC stuff is nice, but it isn't used by everyone. Weather and the correct seasons are. CFS3 will be our first taste of FS2004. Don

A Flight Service Station or FSS is a north american U.S Canadaflight "advisory" service that gives a pilot many services both enroute like weather status of navaides etc and at some smaller airports also provides a form of atc but it's not "positive" like a control tower however they don't really "control" aircraft but advise them at airports that do not have the traffic levels that would warrent a tower with "real" atc people infact an FSS may me atsome other location than the airport you are actually flying into.Hope this helps Danhttp://members.rogers.com/klasik2/danlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Right Don. Weather and seasonal effects must be there. Doesn't X-Plane have snow wafts that drift across the runway? X-plane also has small cars and buildings like autogen right? Anyway Pete-You need to know at what speed to fly at.If you buy a good flightsimulator like FU2 or FU3 or PS1(744 Precision Simulator), like in real life they tell you to fly at a certain speed, to probably keep you clear off some traffic. By the way French West is actually Air Martinique, Air Guadeloupe and Air St. Martin/St. Barths all into one airline Air Caraibes. It is quite a large airline, one of the largest in the caribbean next to LIAT and Air Jamaica or BWIA. Hey Pete, does X-Plane have alot of framerate hits? I doubt it, but yet thier type of autogen is better than FS2k2. Well...you are right with the callsigns, it will be alot of callsigns, but what you can do is to make it easier for some people to add by putting the root words or phrases seperatly. Regards, Moses

I expect it will be called Flight Simulator XP!!!:-roll