Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

Airport Scenery Tools for FSX

Guest penman

I would like to create a simple airport for FSX. Are there any airport scenery tools available yet for FSX? If not, would I still be able to use any of the previous tools used for FS9. I do have 3dsmax8.

Hi,No, as far as I know there are no tools yet that have been fully updated to the FsX changes.If you can use the old tools depends a bit on the type of airport scenery you want to make. There have been some changes to the XML format for example, so that means that if you use the Fs9 tools (like AFCAD, SceneGenX) that you will probably loose some of the new FsX functionality.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest penman

Thanks for your reply. Hope some tools appear soon, as I am new to this and would like to have a go at some airport scenery building.

My Library Object Manager has been updated to work with FSX Library Objects. It can also place effects, beacons and XML windsocks. It can't create runways etc but if you just want to enhance an airport with a few buildings and so on it might help you out.As stated above most FS9 style scenery tools will work to some extent in FSX and scenery designed in FS9 may work fine as well.At the moment the only tool which can easily create objects for FSX is 3DSMax, although the FSX Gamepack for Gmax is being tested by the ACES Team at the moment and should be available in a week or so.