Sign in to follow this  
arno

How do I .......?

Guest edpet23

I've been looking for a way to make the jet ways move, at all airports. The smaller airports which do have jet ways they just don't work and Then there's airports with no jet ways period. I have Rwy12 Object Library and FSUIPC and would like to do add objects to a couple of airports but I can't seem to find the afcad2x. anywhere on the net, all I did find was AFCAD2.21 but it doesn't work with fsxHere is my first problem: 1. where are the files that contain the default airports, you know the ones included with fsx and where are they located? 2. I need to edit an afcad file but am unable to do so, I read that there's a afcad2x program that works with fsx. I have AFCAD2.21 but it's designed to work with fs2004 only. 3. why do some planes that I download will display properly in the "Select aircraft" window but once selected they suddenly disappear and it does the same thing when "details" is clicked.These are the 3 issues that I'm having. P.S. The mods Ive done to fsx are:Terrain cfg. FSX cfg. added buffer pools, etc. Thanks!:-bluegrab :-beerchug

Guest jyarddog

This may not be of any help, but there might be something here. So far, I've heard there is not a newer version ov AFCAD. I'm sure there soon will be. There is an EZ scenery library that has moving jetways. This does require the EZ scenery program by Abacus. I think I paid $29.95 for it. It's well worth it. it will 'see' and place rwy12 objects as well. If some planes don't show, it may be that they might not be supported by FSX. A similar problem happened from FS2k2 to FS9. Installing a line in fs9.cfg [old modules] solved the problem.Not sure if this will help but it's worth a try. Thisis from Daivd Marshall's tips and tricks issue 12. part 3 detailed where FS9.cfg is located and how to access it.Using the Edit/find dialogue, locate the heading named [OLDMODULES].Add the line FSSound.dll=1 under it.It should look like this when you are done.[OLDMODULES]FSSound.dll=1If for some reason you do not find an [OLDMODULES] section, just add it as shown above. Save your FS9.cfg file and the error message will not be displayed again. Bob

1. the default airports are included in APX files. These files cover geo regions just like the AP9 files in FS9. The only differnece is that instead of grouping all the APX files for a continent, they are grouped into smaller geo areas, with folder names formated as xxyy. The easiest way to find the file (if you have deluxe fsx) is to install the sdk and use the tmfviewer tool, or d/l a utility TCalcX_002, which will report out the appropriate folder and file names for your current aircraft positino (obviously you need to move to the airport you are interestd in).2. there is no AFCAD for FSX. At this point, what people are doing is:a. disasseble the APX file into xml code which the sdk tool bglcomp can understand. BGLanalyzeX and SDE are two tools which can do this.b. strip out all fsx unique codes (this includes jetway stuff :( ). BGLanalyzeX can do this.c. Compile the resulting xml with bglcomp, and then use AFCAD2 to edit the file, or use SceneGenx directly.d. save the file from AFCAD2 (or the xml from SceneGenX). Use the disassembler again on the AFCAD2 file to recover the xml.e. hand-edit the FSX stuff back into the modified xml code. f. compile the finished xml with bglcomp. scott s..

Hi,I think you get best results if you use the FsX jetways, instead of some libraries made for Fs2004. This is because the jetway animations have changed completely in FsX (they now animate automatically to the door of the aircraft).I guess this is easiest done by figuring out the GUID of the default jetway and then adding the XML Jetway command with this GUID to the airports you want. As Scott already pointed out above, there is no GUI at the moment to do this, it will require some XML editing.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog