Sign in to follow this  
meshman

Newbie fixing add-on scenery missing runways

Guest raindog_mx

I have a scenery package which installs three folders.1. North2. NorthExcl3. SouthAirports from the south regions are perfect but those from the northern side show no runways: all buildings are there but the runways are invisible or non-existant. I haven't seen any AI aircraft takeoff or land but I can watch them taxiing.I downloaded AFCAD with the only purpose of fixing this and I opened one working airport and a broken one to find a difference. The only thing I could notice is that all the non working airports appear as "Mod" with bold letters in layer 41 along another "Stock" version in gray letters in layer 8 in the Open Airport dialog of AFCAD whereas the working airports only appear as "Stock" in layer 8 with no "Mod" version. The airport diagrams for all of them seem complete and correct and show no faults when running the Fault Finder tool.Does that help you infere a cause and possible solution?Thanks for your help and patience.Edit: Forgot to mention this is in FS2004.

Take a look at the eleavtion of the airport and each runway in the stock airport and compare it to the elevation in the mod one, and see if they are then same.scott s..

Guest raindog_mx

Yes, thank you. They are exactly the same in both cases. However, I found that the runway's center location is different between the two yet the airport reference points are the same.Mod:N25* 46.6317'W100* 06.2639'Stock:N25* 46.6724'W100* 06.3072'I'm setting the new one (the topmost layer version in bold I suppose) to the original values ... no, it didn't work.

Guest raindog_mx

No, really, c'mon this should be easy for you guys. I think it might be happening because of a missing or misplaced texture. How would you go at this problem? How would you troubleshoot it?Thanks

What's the scenery package?Without seeing it, it is near impossible to diagnose any problem with it.When I first saw your post I questioned why there is a North exclusion folder, but not one for the South? Could this be an area to look at? Don't know, have yet to be able to find that needle in a haystack....