Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tailstrike

Exclusion file priority

Hello all,I'm experiencing the following and could use some help..I am updating an existing airport (KTKI) and have this completed using AFCAD. I have used FSSC to create an exclusion area to "wipe out" the old airport's scenery objects.The AFCAD file (KTKI.bgl) is placed in a seperate folder and added to my FS9 scenery library, and it has the highest priority (1). My Addon Scenery folder is next in priority (2). The other scenery folders are in their default locations.My issue is no matter where I place the exclude bgl file (KTKI_Exclude.bgl), whether in my KTKI seperate folder or the addon scenery folder, the exclude file takes precedence. When I start up FS9, I end up sitting in a huge grass field where my airport should belong.If I remove the exclude file and restart FS9, my new airport shows up just fine, albeit with some pre-existing scenery which I need to remove.What am I doing wrong? I know it's probably something very simple.Thanks for any help.TraceyGrapevine, TX

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think the exclusions that FSSC creates are the older SCASM GenExcl commands. These will knock out FS9-style airports visual scenery regardless of the priority level. The AI features still work.The preferred method would be using the FS9-style exclude. d/l excbuilder v2 to create these, or use SceneGenX to create your airport.An alternative would be to create your visual scenery within FSSC and only use the AFCAD file for the non-visual stuff.scott s..

Try this and see if it works. Place all files, AFCAD and scenery exclusion, into the same folder. Rename KTKI_Exclude.bgl to 0_KTKI_Exclude.bgl (that's the number zero). Restart FS9 with the activated scenery folder and see how it looks.No guarantees offered, but no damage should be done to your scenery.

>These will knock out FS9-style airports>visual scenery regardless of the priority level. The AI>features still work.>Thanks guys for the advice, the above makes sense. Even though the runway (entire airport) is gone..I now have the busiest AI grass strip in the DFW area. I tried renaming the exclude files to the 0_ prefix and this made no difference. Here is the xml file I am using now that was created from Excbuilder with one change. The SDK included a text file called "Creating an Exclude Zone.txt" that states to include encoding="ISO-8859-1" in the first line. The code produced by Excbuilder does not list any encoding statement, just the xml version. I compiled this file and placed it in the same folder as the AFCAD. It is now working with the exception of some old ramp area. But the tower, taxi signs, and windsock are gone. Hurray!!<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>I don't know if it was the encoding part or not, but it's a start.Now how do I get rid of that darn ramp???