Sign in to follow this  
Guest Seria17hri11er

Someone Please Help! XML and Object Placement Tool

Someone help please! I have read the SDK tutorials with FSX and it makes sense, but sheesh im just having all kinds of troubles. 1. It doesnt make sense to me that you can use the "object placement tool" to place scenery objects in flight simulator and are allowed to just "save scenery" or "save mission." Yet the file it spits out when you choose to "save scenery" is not even in the correct xml format for scenery! What gives?!So I opened the xml i saved through the object placement tool, formatted it correctly and converted to bgl, added to fs. It loaded it. I went to where it should be, and of course, its not there.Here is a sample;<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>- - Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,As Luis said there should be no need to change the XML file, it should compile fine with BGLComp right away.The only "bug" in the code is that the old style GUIDs are used, I don't know why MS did this. If you just added the dashes and the brackets yourself, you have probably made the GUID invalid that way. The different between the old and the new style GUID are not only the dashes and the brackets, but also the order of the digits has changed.

Hey guys, thanks for your responses, I figured it out. Object Placement tool is a little buggy.