Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Small seasonal ground polys?

Guest Hugo

Hi all. I just started humming with SBuilderX. After browsing a while with Luis-Feliz Tirado's tutorial, I can now flatten and exclude almost at will.I would like to know if it is also possible, using this tool, to create small seasonal ground polys (let's say in the order 100-500 feet on the side - for a piece of lawn for example) to which I would apply seasonal textures I would create for for this specific area. Although, for the moment, I'm looking to apply those to flatten piece of land, it would be nice if I could succeed to do the same on small areas of meshed terrains like the side of a small hill. Thanks for any feedback,Hugo

Salut Hugo,The next version of SBuilder will include the possibility of creating custom (photo-real) ground textures using the latest version of Resample. This means that the ground polygons can be any size desired, wit all seasonal variants, and resolution can be as high as the maximum FS X limit.This new SBuilder should be released soon, we hope.Best regards.Luis

Guest Hugo

Thanks Luis for the good news :)"This new SBuilder should be released soon, we hope"Well, I sure wish your hope will be met soon ;)Hugo

Come to think of it, though, Hugo, it should be possible to make seasonal ground polygons using the same methods as in SBuilder for FS 9. Dick Ludowise added some sections to the modified terrain.cfg file that he and I released that should allow anybody to do just that.Best regards.Luis