Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Annotator FSX - Objects do not appear?

I am trying enhance the Alaska Georender photo-scenery package at the Hope AK airport. To that end I have placed a photo of of the airport into FSX (BGL) and that works well. I used the FSX annotator to add three polygon forest areas and several buildings. I saved this grouping into the same folder that contained the photo BGL as well as saving the autogen.xml file into this folder.Below is a picture of the Annotator and a picture of part of the area that should have ben forested. Please note that the package was designed for FS2004 and thus uses a scenery & texture folder construct. The autogen for the packages photo areas does appear properly. There may be an issue with laying an FSX style photo on top of an FS2004 photo wherein both have autogen entries.None of the forest or buildings appear. The autogen files are 1kb each.Any thoughts??Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yokehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173872.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173873.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Dick, the annotator files should go in the local texture folder, not in the scenery folder with the bgl. And normally that is where the Annotator will place them, so they should not be moved from there.Then again, as you say, perhaps there are problems with using the FS X Annotator with previous style ground tiles.Best regards.Luis

Of course you are correct! I had not messed with Autogen since FS9 and there I used AGenT which unfortunately does not work with FSX. I recently bought a stick of PC3200 1gb memory. Previously I had two sticks PC2100 and PC2300. Ok for browsing but FS was bad. Just the improved memory speed now allows me to use some Autogen with 2ghz CPU and I do not use the dreaded SP1 which really needs more than I can afford right now.Again - Thanks!Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA