Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

Lightning

Is there still lightning in FS2K2? I've been using FS2K2 since it was released and I have yet to see any lightning. The thunder clouds are there and the thunder sound, but never any lightning. I use FSMeteo and FS Sky World.Ray :)

Hi Ray,Make sure you have thunder stroms set in the weather section. It will be best to set the time to night for best results...you should see flashing in sky as well as bolts of lighting and turn up your sound for the thunder!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Guest rbbarker

Max your display sliders.-Boyd Barker WestWind Airlines BOS Hub Manager

I have thunder storms set and all sliders are maxed. I get lots of thunder clouds and thunder, but no lightning.Ray :(

Do you have the time set to night ? This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

This shot doesn't do justice to some of the lightning effects in FS2002...

Was that shot taken at night? The previous posts imply that lightning is only visible at night. Your screenshot seem pretty light for a night shot.Ray :)

Hi Ray,I said for best results...meaning if it is dark you should have better chances to see the flashing and the bolts. you should be able to see the bolts in the day time as well.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png