Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Arnaud's ICLOOKUP ?

I am using Arnaud's ICLOOKUP.BGL specifically to take advantage of his 15% slope detection value. FSX has a feature that detects slopes on certain landclass textures (specified in ICLOOKUP.BGL). When the slope of a texture is more than this value trees, or other landclass, are inserted. For me the inserting of another landclass is not done well. Usually there are zig-zag patterns of the inserted patterns (usually trees). Thus farm fields show scattered trees in geometric blocks around the fields. The change by Arnaud helped but I want to try a more aggressive change. My question is, how do I de-compile ICLOOKUP.BGL? And, also any hint about what I will see if I can? I guess I need to recompile so is BGLCOMP the correct program to recompile ICLOOKUP?Thanks,DickRegards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dick,perhaps Arnaud will answer you directly but as far as I know he used a hex editor to determine the makeup of the lclookup.bgl and make changes to it. In other words, no de-compiling or re-compiling.Cheers, Holger