Sign in to follow this  
arno

Converting FS9 scenery, created with FSDS to use in FSX???

Hope to get some answers to this one. Can FS9 scenery created with FSDS be converted to use in FSX? And if so, can someone please tell me how this is accomplished?I have specific scenery in mind, and am really wanting to do this, if possible.My gaming computer is in the shop for diagnostic tests (house took a lightning strike about a week ago); but hope to get system back by middle of next week.PeteForgive me if this question has already been asked and answers provided. This is the first time I have visited this forum. I am totally new to scenery design, and did not see anything related to my question in past posts.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Pete,Due to the backwards compatibility most parts of your scenery made with FSDS should work fine if you load it in FsX. There are some small issues with Fs2004 style MDL objects in FsX though, for example with materials with no texture (they appear black) and night textures.The easiest fix for that is to export as a FsX MDL, but for FSDS the update that allows you to do that is not there yet. Depending on the kind of objects you are making that might be a problem or not.