Sign in to follow this  
Guest paperflyer

Where are the textures for generic objects like hangars?

Guest paperflyer

Does anyone know where Flight Simulator 9 stores the textures for generic scenery? They don't seem to be in the Textures folder of FS9 or the actual scenery.

Most of them for generic objects (those objects in Generic.bgl) are in SceneryGenerictexture, but there are textures scattered throughout the main scenery folder as well as the main texture folder. Anything in particular you're looking for?Jim

Guest paperflyer

For example the texture for a generic hangar.

Think those are all in the main texture folder. There's a useless "Generic Building Textures.xls" file included with the bglcomp SDK that supposedly lists them by number and gives their filenames, but in all the .bgls I've decompiled the generic buildings use "bottomTexture="92" for example and the excel file only lists wall textures up to #85. I randomly searched my texture folder for a few of the filenames that were listed and found them though.br_apt***.bmp --- Apartmentbuildingsgv_tb***.bmp ---- Genericgovernmentbuildingswh_tb***.bmp ---- Genericwharehousessky_tb***.bmp --- Genericskyscrapersair_tb***.bmp --- Genericairportbuildingsba_tb***.bmp ---- GenericbankbuildingsThe BGLComp SDK in case you don't have it:http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/9...comp2_setup.exeDefault generic buildings are I think mostly in the ob9*****.BGLs, I use BglAnalyze9.exe to decompile them:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=rootJim

Guest paperflyer

Thanks a lot. Those tools might prove invaluable!