Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

Working Spotlights in FS2004?

Guest jstevenson

Is there a way to create a working high-intensity spotlight for FS2004 scenery add-ons? What about regulart Omni-lights like porch lights on a house?I've been experimenting using the various fx_ type effects but I have yet to find anything that actually casts a light onto another object. What I'm looking for is something like the Logo illumination lights used on aircraft, but this time on a much bigger scale - to illuminate a building.

Guest joe1994

Ughh, I believe you can create these using Gmax. For example, let's say you construct that building you were talking about. You might then be able to create a small cone-like object (so that it resembles a light-buld holder thingy), and place the light inside of that. If you are using Gmax, then you have to click on Create -> Lights -> (then click on one of the five types of lights you need.)Good Luck!

The lights that you can create in GMax are not supported by the FS exporters, so they are totally useless. Simply, don't use them.The lights we can make (either with effects or with the BGL_LIGHT command) only cast light on the ground. It is not possible to create a light that will cast light on the side of a building or so. If you want that you can probably best make a night texture that has the effect of the light painted on it.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

What Arno said...you'll have to simulate lighting using textures. This gas pump is an example of using textures this way.Sidney Schwartz KPDX