Sign in to follow this  
arno

SP2 SDK

Hi,I'm a bit confused as to what SDK to install after installing Acceleration ? There are two statements that don't really seem to agree with each other:On Phil Taylor's blog regarding the SP2 SDK I find this:"Acceleration users that want to target both Acceleration and SP2 should use this SDK.Acceleration users that only want to target Acceleration should use the Acceleration SDK."On the fsinsider page for the SP2 SDK I find this:"IMPORTANT: If you have already installed Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion pack, do not install the SDK Update for Service Pack 2."If I wanted to target the common denominator "SP2", which SDK should I now install after installing Acceleration ?Cheers,Siggy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

SP2.What the FSInsider page is saying is if you have the Acceleration SDK update installed, don't install the SP2 over the top of it.Other than that, it's clear as mud...:-hah

Hi,I think you are safe if you install the Acceleration SDK update.I think Phil means that you should not use the Acceleration specific parts of the SDK if you want your addon to also work with SP2. For example in the SimConnect SDK there are certain parts tagged as "Acceleration Pack only".