Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Identifying FSX ground textures

Hi,I've tried to identify the FSX ground textures that I want to modify, using the following method:1) slew the plane above the precise spot and make note of latitude and longitude2) open TMF viewer and load the needed landclass files (worldlc.bgl + the other active landclass files)3) position the TMF cursor at the recorded spot and read the value and name of the terrain4) By using Holger's conversion table (a must have) read the corresponding texture namebut I've got texture names that were obviously wrong.As Holger's table is surely correct, does anyone have an idea of where I'm mistaking?In the end I managed to spot the exact texture manually, by visual clues etc, but it's really painstaking, and it shouldn't be the method of choiceThanks in advanceCheersFulvio

Guest luissa

>Really, nobody has an idea?>I can't believe it!!!Hello,You really do not describe the error - Does it happen consistently? Is it related to the region you are looking at? Is it (you take note of coordinates) a human error?The only thing that comes to my mind is - are you considering variations and seasons?Kind Regards,Luis

Hello Fulvio,As Luis mentions, you really do not provide enough information.Would you please indicate the exact location of your test, as well as the land class value that you expect to find there?Best regards.Luis

Hello Luis and Luis,My mistake was not being precise enough when I was converting FSX LAT/LON format to TMFviewer LAT/LON format.Really, I've repeated the test and the results now seem to be correct.One more question, just to be sure:---------------------------------The land class value seen in TMF viewer is to be remapped, according to the slope of the site, according to Holger's table, right?For example:The LC number seen in TMF viewer = 25 (cool broadband forest) should give texture 028, but suppose the slope is 40 deg, so the LC switches to 148 (non mountain rock) which gives textures 080b---------------------------------Again, thanksCiaoFulvio