Sign in to follow this  
Guest fppilot

Will FS2002 add-on scenery work in FS9?

Guest fppilot

I have searched high and low for scenery files that would add the historical Tustin Blimp hangars back into FS9. These are almost identical to those still included in the default FS9 scenery for Moffet Field, Ca. All I can find for Tustin is a more extensive scenery set that also includes enhancements to John Wayne airport. I already have an excellent John Wayne airport add-in that I do not wish to overwrite. I did find a scenery add-in that specifically adds just the Tustin blimp hangars. (XCL BGL and BMP files) however it was created for FS2002.If that scenery will not work in FS9, is there a way someone here with experience could replicate the Moffet hangars at Tustin?-fppilot

Most FS2k2 scenery will work in FS9. The one area to watch is airport scenery that wasn't designed with AFCAD2 in mind.scott s..

Have you checked out the sceneries by John Stinstrom available here and other sites. He has added many blimp sceneries as they were in WWII, to include Santa Ana, which I believe is what you are looking for at Tustin?

Guest fppilot

>Have you checked out the sceneries by John Stinstrom>available here and other sites. He has added many blimp>sceneries as they were in WWII, to include Santa Ana, which I>believe is what you are looking for at Tustin?Rick,Thanks so much for that information. I found John's work, and after scouring the internet for all of the previous file sets (required for Santa Ana to work) and playing around with the installation (FS9 specific files but his installation instructions are quirky)I got it!The former base is actually referred to as Tustin, and John calls it Santa Ana with no mention of the name Tustin, so my extensive searches were not finding it. The hangars are key visual cues for aviation in the area.Thanks again,Frank