Sign in to follow this  
bob.bernstein

Had an interesting dream....

A few weeks ago I drempt that FSX was able to display the history of the world. This I found one day by changing the date to 1943 and finding my home city (Seattle) was quite different...SeaTac was not there, and the Boeing plant 2 was camoflaged. The autogen cars were vintage for their time. Cool!Then I set the date to 1800, and I crashed immediately. I suspected this was the program barfing over not having airplanes yet. Next I set the date into the future 2108...very cool airplanes and cars in ai. Then I woke up.Next time I fired up FSX..guess what! I had to try it. Sad to say I found no affect of changing the date. I even tried May 18, 1980 to see if Mt St. Helens blows up...nada.The future looks about the same as the past and the same as now.Anyone ever find something cool in a past or future date setting?Bob

Guest Albatross7107

I must admit I checked this when I first got FS9, silly me, I figured "A Century of Flight" so...Bupkis... Here I thought it would turn back the clock and I'd at least see airfields that existed back in, say, Lindberg's day, but no... Of course now that I know the sim better and what it can('t) do I realize how INCREDIBLY unrealistic my expectations were! :(

Hello,in former versions of FS (I think until FS 2000) you could see the Berlin wall, if you turned back time before 1989.Regards,Edgar