Sign in to follow this  
Guest mz-cd

Instant Scenery

Hi all,well I have got myself really confused.I have Instant Scenery and only use it for FSX.At first I downloaded and installed RWY12 and all the other libraries I could find.However a lot do not show in FSX.I have downloaded Instant Scenery Thumbnails by Lance Tucker and Instant Scenery Thumbmails for FSX local libraries by John Grahn assuming they would all show in FSX.HOWEVER where do I get all the textures from IF indeed they are needed.Would someone be kind enough to explain what I need to do to have as many objects as possible showing and working in FSX.RegardsRichard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>...I have downloaded Instant Scenery Thumbnails by Lance Tucker>and Instant Scenery Thumbmails for FSX local libraries by John>Grahn assuming they would all show in FSX.>HOWEVER where do I get all the textures from IF indeed they>are needed.>The thumbnails won't appear in IS if you do not have the underlying package installed that the thumbnails were made from. When I made the IS thumbs I had over 150 different scenery object packages installed, that's why there are so many thumbnails.Search here at Avsim (and maybe some other download site) for packages with "EZS" or "EZ" in their name. Then they would need to be downloaded and installed and activated within the FS scenery manager.Rather than installing every package to the Addon Scenery folders. I installed each package to it's own folder structure and activated that way. Some packages, even though from different desingers, had duplicate texture names. Some had bad texture files that were later fixed. By taking time now to get things organized, it saves some headaches down the road.

Thanks guys, I think I am sorted now.I had a real mental block but I can now see what to do.ThanksRichard