Sign in to follow this  
toprob

Annotator... some help please...

Hi,Running FSX. Like to place trees in my scenery.But how do I do that precisely ? Red the tutorial, but it gives no details on how to install it or where I should place the Annotator and the needed files.If I want to place trees in my scenery area... must I connect to FSX or use an air photo (screenshot). What about the location (Lat/Lon). Found nothing. Please give me some guidance.Greetz. Jos

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jose,I am using Instant Scenery from Flight1. I love this tool. Its a piece of cake placing autogen trees and buildings at specific locations you want.The only limitation with this tool is, for the most part you have to place objects 1 by 1. No grouping of objects. or copying an area from one are to another etc. So this tool (in the current version), it is not for wide area autogens. but its great for small location enhancements. Hopefully, they would add new functionality to it.I know the SDK comes with its own tool and you can use an XML file to place objects etc... But I prefer Instant sceneryMAnny

Annotator may not be the tool you want, because you really need something to annotate. This can either be a default ground texture, or your own custom aerial image processed through resample.exe. It can't just be used to place objects at a specific location unless it is on photo scenery.It doesn't connect to FSX, and it doesn't need any special install, you just run Annotator.exe and load your image.If you are looking to add trees around your airport on non-photo scenery, then there are better choices than annotator.Godzone Virtual Flight, for 'Real New Zealand' sceneryhttp://www.windowlight.co.nz