Sign in to follow this  
ricktk

Oil Rigs

Guest dodger

Hello, I hope i am in the right place to ask for help so here goes, I have 13 Oil Rigs in FS2004 in the Cook Inlet Alaska,they were made by a team called Munchbros back in 2004, i have tried to contact them but no luck via web site /email etc, what i would like to know is how can i if possible relocate these rigs to other places in Alaska in the sim , the rigs in Cook Inlet have been placed fictitious so its not like they are there for real, Any help would be appreciated, Thanks,

Guest dodger

Hi Jon, Yes,in the Scenery folder they are BGL and in the Texture folder they are BMP and there is a scenery DAT file, Cheers.

I have the same scenery. I think Jon may have been asking if these were scenery objects, so they could easily be moved? They are not. It looks to me from the documentation, that the rigs were done using FSDS 2.24, SCASM macros, and FSSC. Each oil rig is different. The raw macro and FSDS project files were not supplied.Therefore would be very difficult to move them. There are separate bgl files for each rig, effects, and hardening of the helipad, along with AFD so they will show up on your fltsim map and GPS.More importantly, it also would be a violation of their copyright to disassemble the scenery files and try to move them without there permission.In the documentation, they talked about expanding the project. Since nothing has happened in 4 years, and you have been unable to contact them, I would say you are out of luck, without starting over from the beginning on your own.