Sign in to follow this  
FaxCap

Help!! AFCAD2 .bgl import to SceneGenX?

Guest Hendrix78

Ok, maybe im in the wrong forum, but this issue has been bothered me for almost a week without getting any wiser browsing the various forums.So, first off, i know im awfully late in doing this and if u guys and girls have any pointers on new software to use, im all ears. :)So, what im trying to do: Im trying to update some airports in FS9. ESSA and many more in sweden, because they are way out of date.I use AFCAD2 to import the stock APT. modify it to my liking and most cases as IRL.Then I TRY to import the .bgl file created into scenegenX to add some buildings. I also have Runway12 installed.Here is where the bad part starts, Apparently, scenegenX dont like the parking and taxiways of AFCAD2. Everytime i try to compile i get an error, and they often relates to the "Parking Connectors" as named in AFCAD2, but are "Unknown Path" in scenegenX.Help me, what am I doing wrong? is it a known bug or is it me who cant compile properly?Regards, Hendrix

>Ok, maybe im in the wrong forum, but this issue has been>bothered me for almost a week without getting any wiser>browsing the various forums.>>So, first off, i know im awfully late in doing this and if u>guys and girls have any pointers on new software to use, im>all ears. :)>>So, what im trying to do: Im trying to update some airports in>FS9. ESSA and many more in sweden, because they are way out of>date.>I use AFCAD2 to import the stock APT. modify it to my liking>and most cases as IRL.>Then I TRY to import the .bgl file created into scenegenX to>add some buildings. I also have Runway12 installed.>>Here is where the bad part starts, Apparently, scenegenX dont>like the parking and taxiways of AFCAD2. Everytime i try to>compile i get an error, and they often relates to the "Parking>Connectors" as named in AFCAD2, but are "Unknown Path" in>scenegenX.>>Help me, what am I doing wrong? is it a known bug or is it me>who cant compile properly?>>Regards, HendrixI guess the first question is why you are importing it into SGX? AFCAD2 is the tool to modify airports. If you have Rwy12 then that can add objects to an existing airport, as can a few other design programs. Alternatively can you import the stock airport into SGX and then do all your modification there? AFCAD2 does not use the Microsoft BglComp as compiler but uses its own. It is therefore possible that it generates the bgl in a way that SGX has problems with.

Guest Hendrix78

AHA, well, to answer your question. SGX has this awesome feature of making custom buildings that i want as a terminal.And why i dont use SGX fully to modify is because it has alot frienlier userinterface. The way you make taxiways and others.I guess it would be alot easier to modify an existing airport with structures already in place, but this one originally only had a tiny grass strip.I just had an eureka.! What if: I make all the changes regarding airport infrastructure in AFCAD2. Then make a footprint of the "Non buildable" areas in AFCAD2 as a separate bgl. Then import That file into SGX and build my custom structures around the footprint.?If i make it so all of the .bgl's are in the same folder they shouldnt cancel eachother out right? Or do i need to like, fuse them together somehow into a single bgl?.Lol, im such a noob at this :)Thankful for answer.

>AHA, well, to answer your question. SGX has this awesome>feature of making custom buildings that i want as a terminal.Those "buildings" are OLD OLD leftovers from FS2002 I believe.I agree with Scruffyduck....use AFCAD2 to modify the airports and place objects with Rwy12, Instant Scenery or any of the other object placers.Hunt through the Files section looking for RWY12, InstantScenery objectpackages. I've seen some very nice looking terminals.I used SGX a lot but as soon as RWY12 then Instant Scenery came out I rarely use SGX now.FaxCap