Sign in to follow this  
Art_P

Exclude Airport Buildings

With Ultimate Terrain installed, there is a problem with roads and vehicular traffic passing through aprons and parked aircraft at KCAE (Columbia SC). Since FlightOne denies responsibility due to the airport being misplaced, I moved the aprons and parking spaces away from the road with ADE. The buildings and hangers remained on the highway, so I created an exclude area to eliminate them. However, the *!%# buildings won't go away. A partial screen shot and the XML exclude file are included below. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? The same procedure is working for me at other airports.<?xml version="1.0"?>ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitorhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188631.jpg

Art

>>The buildings and hangers remained on the highway, >so I created an exclude area to eliminate them.>ArtCreating your own airport excludes is not the way ADE works. If you create your own exclude then the results may not be what you are looking for.ADE already has every single exclude needed to remove any and all parts of airport scenery. All the airport designer needs to do is to highlite each of the 4 Generic Buildings that you are trying to remove and hit the delete key. Once the 4 buildings have been deleted from the Grid of ADE save the .ade file. When you compile, the buildings will no longer be a part of KCAE.If you don't want to delete the buildings then drag each one to a new location.

Thanks for coming to the rescue Jim. Moving the buildings within ADE is what I wanted to do, but I couldn't get them to display. With your encouragement, I tried again and finally opened up the scenery object list, clicked on one of the generic buildings listed, and all the generic buildings appeared. Previously, all that was showing was library objects.Life is again good. I think I've got it now. I needed to "load stock data" in the Tools drop-down menu.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

ArtIf you open a stock airport with ADE all the sceneryobjects are loaded by default. If you open someone else's airport bgl or XML then you have to load all atock objects from the pulldown menu.Always make sure at the top of ADE the scenery selection window says extremely_dense and a checkmark is in the proper boxes in the view menu.We add a exclude for every single sceneryobject including the taxiway signs so you can easily delete or move anything that is showing on the Grid. You can actually delete the entire airport by picking everything including runways, taxiways, aprons, buildings, etc. The only thing that will remain is the ground poly and you can exclude that also with the poly menu if you wanted.What you cannot delete are any ILS type navaids. FS9/FSX always reads these type Navaids at the root APX bgl but we have ask ACES to change this for FSXI.

Okay Jim. I've got the program set up with the views checked, extremely_dense as the default, and I even read the manual. Now when I load a stock airport, everything should be shown. ADE is working great for me (Version 1.26) currently with no problems. It's a nice piece of software. With this and other applicatons, I may never need to write an XML file again.Thanks.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art