Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgi55

And someone said ATi has better graphic quality....

Guest georgi55

Well, after 2 year using ATi 64MB DDR VIVO, and having it locking up all the time since I chnaged my mabo and CPU,I decided to get Nvidia. I got GF3(not TI, but plain GF3), which is 5th fastest Nvidia grpahic card avaiable. (if you include GF4 TI4200)It was $179, but $149 because Open Box, and then -$40 rebate, so I got it for $109.Results, check screenshots... I've heard some people saying ATi has better quality, blah, blah, blah, but screenshots explains it all.ATi 64MB DDR VIVO, Everything MAX, AA, 1024x768-32bit, Overcast, 8km visability. Best drivers I was ever able to find. (Omegadrive)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cdf2a6568f4cdd2.jpgPNY Vetro GF3, Everything MAX, AA, 1152x864-32bit, Overcast, 8km visability. Drivers out of boxed CD.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cdf2a786911c124.jpgYou tell me which one looks better.Oh, and please, this post is not intendet to be ATi v.s. Nvidia.I just wanted to show how happy I am with Nvidia after 2 years using ATi.

Maybe you should have posted the Nvidia pics using the same resolution as the ATI. To me this proves nothing.Bob

Guest georgi55

> Maybe you should have posted the Nvidia pics using the same >resolution as the ATI. To me this proves nothing. >>Bob K, here it is. It still same. All the settings are same. Same software used for resizing, same JPG quality,and settings in game are absolutely same too.This speaks:ATihttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cdf2a6568f4cdd2.jpgNvidiahttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cdf4d721e948584.jpg

Guest georgi55

On 2nd shot, I putted visability to 16km instead on 8, sorry about that. That's the only difference between these two.

Guest PaulL01

Not quite the same settings, as in the ATI shot AA is OFF and in your Nvidia shot it is pretty obvious that AA is on.Take Care.Paul

Guest georgi55

>Not quite the same settings, as in the ATI shot AA is OFF >and in your Nvidia shot it is pretty obvious that AA is on. >>Take Care. >>Paul It's ON. That's how bad it was, it almost did nothing than hit framerate, and on some of officail drivers AA didnt even work.I think this is because they made drivers for new models like 7200 and told people to use them in older models like mine too.Also, ATi support is crappy. Never heard back from them regarding that ati2dv.dll(or something like that) would cause windows XP freeze when playign full screen games, but in windows 98 everything worked.

Georgi,Sorry to say but AA is in fact NOT on in those Radeon shots. I'm using the same card as you and look at what I can see. Like you said, this isn't meant as a My card is better than your card post but it's obvious from your ATI shot that something was wrong on your end.Mike

That would be VooDoo!This is Gary Summons EGCC on my Voodoo 3

Guest georgi55

>Georgi, >>Sorry to say but AA is in fact NOT on in those Radeon shots. >I'm using the same card as you and look at what I can see. >Like you said, this isn't meant as a My card is better than >your card post but it's obvious from your ATI shot that >something was wrong on your end. >>Mike Yes, I know, but it never worked. My card had some incompability problem wiht my Mabo, Soyo-Alimagic chipset when used in Xp.It would freeze all the time, and AA wouldnt work at all.I know about computers fairly well, and I've been using them for 10 years, but was never able to solve the freezeing and AA problem.I tried EVERYTIHNG I could think off; drivers, reinstal OS, remove other cards, and so on...That's why I am so happy now. And, it is fact that most of ATi users get the blue line ( or so called blue curtain) (all the people I talked to who had ATi did)

Guest georgi55

>Just love those convairs: >PIII800HercGTS64 1600x1200xFull FSAA Great shots :) What is the chipset? Kyro?