Sign in to follow this  
Guest robystar

FS9 sound in scenery

Guest robystar

Hi all,I wanted to revive an older topic, namely, how to add sound to a scenery.I have posted this question on fsdeveloper but the outcome is negative as far as FS9 goes.So, is there someone who did succeed in placing self made wav.sound effects into his scenery? If so, how did he do this without having to recurr to the commercial sound enhancement programs?Reason I post this is that I have a nice carrier scenery but as soon as the planes have left the flightdeck, it is awfully silent. It would be nice to hear the sound of waves and ship engines in the background while waiting for the next mission accomplished'' airplanes to arrive.I refer to this "http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9029" thread that goes deeper into the way some/I tried to overcome this problem.Roby

Roby ..I just went back and looked at that post. I think I see what the problem is.In the FX file you have a line that reads:[sound]FileName=Staten_Island_Ferry_Depart.wavthen in the XML you call a different sound:These must be exactly the same.This is why I use short names....Joe W.

Guest robystar

Hi,And thanks to both of you.yes I did change the name to read the same in both fx and xml file.And I also know the thread mentioned. I used the barnstorming as the name and changed my wav name into it using type 5 sound and parameter 40. But somewhere I go wrong because no sound is heard. Should it perhaps be the same length as the original barnstorm?Roby

Hi Roby.It also occurs to me you may be able to setup a Flight ( .FLT ) and attach an ABL adventure to it that plays sounds when in proximity to a certain latitude and longitude.I've not done this, but perhaps someone else has experience with the Adventure Basic Language.The sample.abl in the SDK plays a sound at a specific "frame" in the adventure. 20 frames equaling 20 seconds.Dick

Guest robystar

Hi,Gee, thanks Dick. I will try it straight away.Funny, I just came to think of the same yesterday night and downloaded the ABL SDK.Roby