Sign in to follow this  
Guest blauberg

Ground2K VTP lines

Guest blauberg

Hi,I have been using Ground2K successfully for re-meshing small areas, for inserting VTP2 poly's and even for extending coastlines.For some reason I cannot get Ground2K (updated all the way)to visualise the drawn roads and shorelines in FS9.At first I thought it was related to a certain area (Australia with the VOZ files) but now I encounter the same problem in empty Labrador.I would apreciate some help here.chris van de velde

Hello Chris,Could you please confirm that you do not see the lines in game, but do see them in Ground2K? Also, are the correct bgls created by Ground2K? And have you checked them in TMFViewer?Best regards.Luis

Guest blauberg

Hi Luis,I have never made use of TMFViewer. I do have TMFViewercalc.exe installed. Where do I find TMFViewer, avsim doesn't seem to have it.I don't have FS2002 SDK available, aparently that is where it used to be. Yes, the lines do show up in Ground2K, whether I draw them or I use the slew mode in FS, as Christian Fumey describes in his "Ma m

Guest blauberg

Hi Luis,I have never made use of TMFViewer. I do have TMFViewercalc.exe installed. Where do I find TMFViewer, avsim doesn't seem to have it.I don't have FS2002 SDK available, aparently that is where it used to be. Yes, the lines do show up in Ground2K, whether I draw them or I use the slew mode in FS, as Christian Fumey describes in his "Ma m

Guest blauberg

Hi,I did find TMFViewer on my FSX SDK. So I can see what Ground2K produces.At compilation Ground2K does not produce a "_9.bgl" which is where lines, shores, etc are stored. So in TMFViewer I can only select LWM and VTP poly's (the _3 and _5.bgls)chris

Guest blauberg

I have advanced a little more since my initial posting of the VTPlines problem.I ran the intermediate asm file produced by Ground2K on pressing the "save" button, on the command line with BGLC.I then get a syntax error message for VTPChildPoint in: VTPPolyMethod2 9, 1, 0 VTPWidePoint 6758, 1, 9448, 7 VTPWidePointWidth 20 VTPChildPoint 4, 0, -2, 0 VTPChildPoint 6, 0, 11, 0 VTPChildPoint 13, 0, 13, 0 VTPChildPoint 17, 0, 17, 0 VTPChildPoint 18, 0, 13, 0 VTPChildPoint 31, 0, 14, 0 VTPChildPoint 27, 0, 16, 0 VTPWidePoint 6876, 0, 9526, 0 datamark_v1 label wordI looked in the Ludowise tutorial but there he does not treat the VTPLines. And I don't have any FS 2002 SDK info.This describes the problem much better than the original postingchris van de velde

Hello Chris,Would you please show a screenshot of the Properties window of any of your lines that do not display? Thank you.Best regards.Luis

Hello Chris,btw. you should check the FS2004 SDK for informations, if you want to create sceneries for FS9.I assume you use Ground2k4 with the latest patches (available here on Avsim).Ground2k4 produces a temporary file in a ./Temp/ folder under the ground2k4 installation folder (or in the Ground2k folder itself) . It is called "Ground2K$_Lines.ASM". It is overwritten and new created everytime you press "compile" in Ground2k... This is the actual sourefile, which gets compiled into a BGL files for road lines.Can you compress it and attached it to your answer?However, be aware, it would contain the data for all the roads you created in your project.Kind regards,Edgar

Guest blauberg

Hi Edgar,As stated in my last posting I had used the temperary asm file on the command line with bglc. I got this error message for the VTPChildPoint lines, all of them.Since I removed the lines, as they don't serve any purpose, the file is extremely short: see attachment. Just 1 line.Ithink I have the latest Ground2K update: the exe file is version 5.6.Where can I find the details about the asm syntax?chris

Guest blauberg

Hi Luis,Here is the sceenshot you requestedchris

Hi Chris,please check, that you have the latest TDFHeaders.inc and TDFMacros.inc Header files in the Ground2k directory (available here at Avsim)! My copy is from 12/17/2003.I was able to compile your file without problems (see attachment).ASM Macros like VTPChildPoint are defined in these INC files. BGLC is basically the MS assembler, which compiles the source code text into the binary BGL files.Best regards,Edgar

Guest blauberg

Hi Edgar,Yes, the latest version of TDF* (30/8/04) now allows bglc to compile the _9.bgl files in Ground2K.Thank you for your advice and of course the effort.regards,chris van de velde