Sign in to follow this  
graysuit

Airport modification newbie question

Hi all, very newbie question. I tried to modify existing FS9 airport (say ILS frequency). This is my step:1 Install FS9SDK bglcomp and bglxml2 decomp a default airport APnnnn.bgl3 without execute any change in APnnnn.xml I tried to recompile with BGLCOMP, but obtain some errors as you can see in the attach imaseI have looked in some forum for a possible solution without success. Is there anyone that would give me a suggestion?Thanks and regardsRob

Hi RobAdmirable that you are reading SDKs and decompiling, but you may create more problems for yourself than are necessary at your stage.For FS9 there is a simple, effective and much admired program called AFCAD for altering airports, frequencies, parking and so forth.Go to the Avsim library and look for AFCAD (the last version ever made was 2.2) and you'll have success in no time at all. It is supported with full documentation.CheersMike

Hi Mike, thank you for your answer. I know very well AFCAD editor and often use it. But in this case I want to increase my know how starting use BGLCOMP. I know problems that occurs editing a default APxxx but for this first test, I work in offline folder.Rob

Hi,Changing default files it never adviced, the scenery system is designed you that you can exclude and replace items. Not that you need to actually change the default.But coming back to your errors. Are you using the latest version of BGLComp? MS released an update for it once, I believe it also fixed some bugs in the XML schema.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks Arno you are right. I change my question: how do I make to change ILS identification (name and frequency)? In AFCAD I can change at least only his frequency, not his name, because this parameter are into the APxxxx.bgl file not in AFCAD. My friend did job adding another ILS (with AFCAD editor). I think this is a dirty solution.ThanksRob